Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Synergy Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
Puppypaws

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Florida
THOR #6194
2.5 month impression of Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Now that you have had your Snyergy for 2 1/2 months, how has everything gone? Any issues? Any pleasant surprises?
Hi Dog Lovers.
We Are enjoying the Synergy TT24.
We've done two round trips between Florida and Tennessee as we are in the processes of moving. Synergy, which we nicknamed Rocinante (plagiarized from Steinbeck and Cervantes), has been a Godsend. Yesterday we were coming back to Florida which requires passing through Atlanta on Hwy 75. As you know, there was a bridge collapse on I85 which worsened the traffic on 75. We were able to boondock at a Cracker Barrel in Cartersville and get up in the predawn hours to hit Atlanta. At 5:45am on a Saturday, we were able to breeze through Atlanta.
The Synergy handles well and the small convex mirrors on the lower half of the mirror assembly are terrific for keeping track of the classic blindspot areas. Synergy has a nice smooth engine that easily handles 70mph. However in high winds, I had to keep my speed much lower and just hang out in the slow lane as we were getting tossed around a bit. I met a seasoned trucker at a rest stop and asked him for advice re. windy conditions and he suggested keeping the rig heavy down low by keeping the fresh water tank full. (And drive a bit slower)
In general we find the storage space pretty good in the TT24. There is a very large rear under compartment that traverses the entire width of the rig. The over cab bunk is great for bulky items. We actually put my husband's upright bass in there for one of our trips. There is no factory ready way of securing things up there but we improvised a solution by using 1" straps looped around the hinges. We may ask the dealer if there is a way they can install some hooks we can use to fasten some netting across that area. We became acutely aware of the fact that RVs can roll yesterday. We saw two RV's completely upside-down on the side of hwy 75 during the journey. (I didnt see what type of RV or travel trailers...trying to keep eyes on road)
Our complaints are relatively minor: storage latches are of inferior quality and one already needs to be replaced, house door lock inferior quality (would love to replace these with quality latches if anyone knows who to go to for this), the wiring harness that is under the driver and passenger seat is too short to allow swivel, and will come loose...which will deactivate the airbags, the windshield wiper fluid won't spray. Design-wise, the doors to the bath are a crazy two door design but one must always open the left before the right....and one must have the right door open to get to the commode. Both doors are fasted with piano hinges with about 30 screws, so changing this out would be a nightmare. Would love to remove the overlapping wood trim so that each door could be opened without regard to the other. Not sure how to do that, as it appears to be glued on trim.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum