Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Synergy Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #17
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Talking

Glad your trips were ok. Sad to hear the latches and coach door hardware are not up to par. At this price level for a downsized coach I would have expected better. (which is why I paid more for a Mercedes chassis Synergy tt24 in the first place) We are actually downsizing from a Four Winds 31' behemoth the wife refused to drive at all. Our coach is due from the factory this month. Looks like one of my first stops will be at the local locksmiths to look into having the cargo and coach door latch/lock hardware upgraded.

As for your bath door query, I would start by making sure both doors will close and remain that way if the center molding were removed. Then using a power drill with a screw attachment to remove all the screws off the door with the molding. Take the door into your garage/work area and determine the best way to remove it with little or no damage to the door. It's so much easier to try to work on something on a saw horse or work bench than on your hands and knees in a space limited coach. Once the molding is removed by prying carefully or even cutting off with a small saw, you can take the removed part to the local hardware store to get a small can of matching wood stain to obliterate your remodel job. Then just reinstall the door. I saw a few posts elsewhere that indicated the Synergy had an issue with the bath door stops installed in the ceiling pulling out. Any problem with yours?

Convex mirrors are always good to have. Did you get the 3 way cameras on your coach? As for the wiring harness under the front seats being too short I'm wondering what a call to Thor would produce as a fix? Sounds like a simple double ended correct pug to extend the length a few inches would fix that.

I can tell you guys are real hardcore road warriors. Your husband carry's a bow (in case you have to hunt your own food) and your transporting a piano and a bass so you can strike up the band at a moments notice.

ps. Do you have a poodle named Charley?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum