Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 09:38 PM   #284
Steve Hummel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Maryland
THOR #3709
Digger42 Wet Batteries

Digger42 : Your coach is a year newer than mine. I think all the "newer" coach batteries are the sealed type. On my 2016, 30.2 I have to periodically check the water levels and add distilled water, which is somewhat of a pain. Therefore, I have the corrosion challenge to deal with. I purchased two of the vinyl battery boxes and plan on pulling them out then, sanding and painting the tray area with a rust proofer. After that dries, then I will coat the tray area with some of that spray on Rhino liner stuff. Finally, I will reinstall the batteries inside the vinyl boxes, but keep the tops off so that it is easy to check the water levels. When these coach batteries die, I am going with the sealed type.

One other minor issue….. Be sure that you run your shower and check for leaks. Mine came right from the factory without the inside of the shower stall being caulked around all the stall edges. First time that I ran water in the shower, it went everywhere as none of the side panels along the wall were caulked. 30 minutes and a $5.00 tube of caulk and the problem was solved. I told the dealer about it, but I did the caulk job myself as I am somewhat particular and I am also experienced in some home improvements. The dealer said what probably happened at the factory was someone yelled “lunchtime” and the worker simply forgot to caulk it. How it ever got passed the final inspections at both Thor and the dealer, well that is another story.

Other than these two minor deals, no real problems. We love ours and look forward to when we can fully retire and travel the US on “our time” Enjoy !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum