Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:07 AM   #858
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Couple of things to report.

1st: Driving home from Vegas went well. I did notice the a/c was kept at a higher level because we removed the curtains. Not a problem but it was noticeable.

2nd: REAR TRAC BAR report: Its a great improvement. Before trac bar the rear of the mh would get pushed to the right causing the front to move to the left. This happened as soon as the semi got even with the rear of the mh. Then as the semi got even with the front of the mh it would push me to the right.

Both situations caused me to do a major steering correction.

Now with the rear trac bar installed I don't even notice the semi when it pulls along side of me, but as it get even to the front end it still pushing me to the right. I guess the stock Ford front trac bar isn't as good as the one I installed.

The push to the right isn't as bad as it was prior to the install. It one hand driving now.

The rear trac bar works so well that several times I didn't even know a semi was passing me until it got right next to me.

We also had a lot of strong winds driving home. Thankfully not the 50+mph we had while parked at the campsite. The wind moved us a little but still a one hand drive.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the trac bar.

I'll post a trip report here sometime tomorrow. Kind of tired after the 5+ hour drive home. Several road closures and Sunday afternoon Vegas traffic. Good thing is we already cleaned out the mh. Only thing left to do is refuel and laundry: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f5/...-29m-5002.html

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum