Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Saf-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #130
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
yes, better to do it at least partially loaded to get close to your real "working" weight.

Also, i see so many folks taking about steering centering devices and sway bar modifications on these leaf spring chassis, but I think the missing piece of the puzzle....

likely should be the first piece.... well really third, AFTER proper alignment and tire pressures
is the track bar.

I'm convinced after my research that while these steering centering devices and perhaps even sway bars will help, it's more like a band aid fixing symptoms rather than the disease.
and that disease being the leaf spring system...and the fix being a track bar, aka panhard rod.

The steering device and the sway bars address other problems that many rigs might also have, but I suspect these are secondary to the tracking problem....and so their benefits are in a way "secondary" to what they are doing, hence the band aid....

Granted....this idea is almost anecdotal (except that it's based on research and gut feel, rather than experience).... so in the end it's just an opinion

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum