Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #13
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
I have had my new 2014 Hurricane 34E for a year now. And, I have had the privilege to setup next door to and watch a new Winnebago
Vista owner throw out a kitchen drawer onto the asphalt pavement because he was frustrated that it got stuck!

I have also setup right next to new Monaco, Tiffen, and Fleetwood owners with slide, electrical, plumbing, appliance, fiberglass delamination, or leak issues.

Yes. They all have their issues.

Unfortunately, you did not catch the things wrong with your motorhome BEFORE you took delivery. That's the purpose of the pre-delivery walkthrough. You are supposed to examine and inspect your entire new motorhome to your satisfaction before you sign any documents.

Things like cabinet gaps, electrical shorts, wax-pencil cover-up, and torn cable bags should have been caught during a walkthrough on delivery day.

For the cabinet gaps alone, I would have insisted on a different motorhome.

However, all of the issue do seem repairable under warranty. So, just make sure to put together a comprehensive list of everything that you find before your warranty period expires.
I laughed when I read your comment about how you would have insisted on a different motorhome! I was 3.5 hours away from home on a weeks vacation to get this RV. The only one of the type (34J) on the lot.
The walkthrough was done with a fine tooth comb, but unfortunately these things did not appear as they were well hidden by the molding that later fell off.

I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but hindsight is always 20/20!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum