Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
keith herrington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Virginia
THOR #7007
Just bought our first RV - a 2017 Quantum RS26

My wife and I are both retired (64/60) and just bought our first RV, a Quantum RS26. It's built on a Ford E450 chassis, has the Triton V10 motor, a GVWR of 14,500 (5000 front/9600 rear). The only mileage thus far is driving it 4 hours home from the dealer (American Family RV in Chesapeake, MD). Learned alot about how it acts on the highway, secondaries, in town and in parking lots. The 55 gal fuel tank and the 41 gal LPG tank were full but all other tanks were empty. What I noticed immediately was how softly the vehicle road in the back. Research on line has lead me to wonder whether the vehicle may be under sprung in the back.

Do any of you own an Quantum RS26 and if so have you come across any problems with the rear suspension handling the vehicle weight? What solutions do you recommend? I'm real familiar with car suspensions, but heavy duty truck/van suspensions I'm not at all familiar with.

Keith

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum