Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #8
edvic

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations on your new Axis.
Hopefully you'll get your issues fixed in a timely manner.

So far we have almost 5000 miles on our Axis and no chips on the windshield--knock on wood. I wonder how many class A motorhomes get windshield chips?

Have a few questions about your issues:
Which curtains? The two in the front on either side of the front window?
Our water heater drain is just a plastic plug on the outside of the heater. Its pretty easy to get to and remove.
Which edging? I've had some of the weatherstripping around the windows come a little loose but nothing serious.

Which Axis model did you get?
Thanks for your reply. The curtains are the ones on the side. Mine do not attach at source when opened, They are missing a hook. Not a big deal, but will have to sew two on. Our plastic water heater plug is behind stuff, making it hard to turn with a wrench - especially when stripped! My cable connection has jiggled loose somewhere between the outside connection and the 2 TVs. The stripping is the vertical one on the right as you go towards the bathroom. On my windshield, I have one chip and there is what looks like a pressure crack. Maybe I just have a lemon, or maybe there are quality control problems. We are headed north now after a tour of the southwest and will see how our dealer handles our problems. Also must admit that owning one of these has a learning curve. Not replacing the water heater plug after the dealer had dewinterized for us was our fault.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum