Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
hikersc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #1420
Charging Chassis Batteries on Shore Power

I recently purchased a 2014 Tuscany 36MQ. I am now trying to understand a little more about the electrical system. I understand that while driving that the chassis and house batteries are tied together for charging. I also understand that only the house batteries are charged by the Magnum Charger/Inverter when connected to shore power (or generator). I am looking for a solution to maintain a charge on the chassis batteries when connected to shore power. Here are the options being considered:

1. Use a Battery Tender that will plug into one of the coach's outlets.

2. Install the Magnum Smart Battery Combiner (Model ME-SBC) that uses a three wire connection (one to each battery bank positive terminal and one to a common ground).

Option 2 is obviously more expense but can supply more amps and will work automatically when connected to shore power or with the generator working.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions, it would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum