Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #1095
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonnyb View Post
A little help please!
I am looking at a 2015 24.2, I am a solo travler and would like to use the overhead bed full time. As such I would like to put a 6" mem foam matress there and leave it. I have looked at the sync problems listed here on the forum and I think I understand the issues. I would like some opinions to the following solution. moving the bed down about 4 inches and drilling a new pin locking hole in the track. that way I could move the bed up to the new pin hole and lock it in while driving thus taking the strain off the mechinism. when ready I would move the bed all they way to the bottom holding the switch for the recommended 2 secs to fully sync. any thoughts?
thanks Jon
The problem with moving the bed down four inches and drilling new holes is that you need to sync the motors both up and down. So just drilling new holes will not stop the bed in a lower position and you should not stop it going up (or down) without allowing the motors to sync and shut down by themselves. I am sure there is a way to reset the system so that it will stop four inches lower, but I do not know how to do that. The people at Schwintek were very helpful when I called them and they could probably answer that question.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum