Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #931
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Another Mod bites the dust my friends. I got real tired of those nasty curtains in the cockpit so I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with. since the overhead bunk posed a problem with the shades covering the entire side window, I covered as much as I could and used Reflectix for the rest. When not in use, I place the Reflectix cutouts on the mattress in the overhead bunk...The first pic shows the solar shade, the second shows the night shade and the third shows the nightshade with the Reflectix insert!

What do you think?

That looks awesome. I have been tinkering with some similar options and we made our own Reflectix shades as well. We tried to use Velcro to hold them in place, but on the sunny side it gets too hot and the Velcro glue side just comes off. I am thinking about using some 3M hooks and skinny girls hair scrunchies (the bands used to make ponytails) at the corners to hold them in place. The big windshield one just fits in perfectly, no need for hooks.

I did get a side shade, but it is portable and uses suction cups to hold on to the top window glass. I like your much more permanent solution.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.