Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #55
Techn0

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Remind me what the CHF details, please....
and ... regarding rear stability...
I had a recommendation of air bags for the rear of of our 2016 Axis 24.1
...has anyone looked into this fix ?
Here is how I did it:

Front Sway Bar:
You will need a 18mm socket, 15mm wrench, 100lbs torque wrench, hand jack, thread locker blue, and maybe a hammer. Make sure your jacks are up and that you are on level ground. Loosen the bolts and remove them from the SB. Don't worry about getting hit by anything as there isn't any tension in the SB. Try to position the bars into the inner hole. In my case, I was on very level ground and was able to slide the bolts into the inner holes with very little effort. I put thread locker on the nuts and tightened them back up to about 68lbs of torque. I think 66lbs is required but I am an overachiever. That is it, all done.

Rear Sway Bar:
You will need the same tools. For the rear, you will see that both holes are used. Is all you have to do is remove the bolts and reverse them. The rear SB was a little tight so I had to use a hammer knock the bolt back for it to come out. Once they were all out, I tried to line up the bolts in reverse order. In my case, I noticed that one was lower to the ground so I saved that one for last. I put the bolts in the opposite side then I needed the hand jack to raise the SB up a little for the bolt to align. Once all the bolts were in, I put thread locker on the nut and tightened it back down to 68lbs torque.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.