Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #15
ppaluigi

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #6809
Fresh Water Tank Drain Valve Can be a PIA, but.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
FW28z had some nice diagrams--I'm sure he'll come along and post them.

Its pretty easy if you put your mind to them. There are 3 valves connected to the water heater: One each on the input/output lines and a cross-over valve. When in use you want the cross-over valve closed and the input/output valves open. In "winter" mode its the opposite: cross-over open, input/output closed.

The only other valve involved in winterizing is the feed from the fresh water tank. Open in summer and closed when you want to feed anti-freeze into the system.

The remaining valves: low point drain (2, hot & cold), and the tank drain I leave closed all the time--only opening the tank drain to, um, drain the tank. The low point drains I crack for a second when the system is pressurized with anti-freeze during the winterization procedure. I also crack the two input/output valves to the water heater during winterization to get some antifreeze in the short stub lines to the water heater on the other side of the valves.
....it depends on the Vegas floor plan. I remember someone mentioned that to access the fresh w/tank drain valve, the large exterior rear compartment had to be emptied and the large wood panel removed loosening four screws. However, if your floor plan has the kitchen, instead of a bedroom, in the rear of the coach, open and remove the third kitchen drawer below the kitchen sink. Reach inside towards the rear of the coach and you'll feel the drain valve. Saves a ton of work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum