Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #1098
upnyfolks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Alignment and anti sway bars

Just completed a 400 mile round trip overnight excursion after I installed the front and rear anti sway bars, the front Sumo stops and had the front end aligned for the first time (tech said that it was out so far that he didn't know how I kept the thing on the road).
Our Axis 25.2 now handles extremely well, I was very relaxed while driving on Interstate 90 and had no problems with wander, or sway and the Sumo stops make a very noticeable difference in the lack of jarring thumps when hitting bumps on the highway.
I did also adjust the pressure in all the tires, the fronts had 80 lbs. and the rears only had 55 lbs. when I picked it up from the dealer. Fronts are now 74 lbs. and rears are 80lbs.

I also installed a new digital thermostat, a Coleman 83303362, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a direct replacement for the stock thermostat in our unit (screw holes and wires are the same) Made a huge difference in temperature regulation in the coach (no more big temperature swings).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_084930_001.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	4549  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.