Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #14
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I personally don't see a big problem with this drawing issue -- although maybe I should.

Technically I agree with JamieGeek that the diagram is labeled confidential, and is therefore labeled as Intellectual Property, but on the other hand if Thor actually wanted it treated as IP, they have the responsibility to limit distribution a bit more than E-Mailing it to just about anyone who requests it. In practice they are not treating the information as intellectual property.
Off topic from the reason for the post - but actually Thor can distribute any way they see fit... It doesn't take away the fact that they have marked the drawing as copyright material (all that is legally required to do).
Typically they provide the detailed drawings to those already owning a coach (providing VIN) - but they could post on their website if they wanted to - still wouldn't change that it shouldn't be posted here by anyone without permission from Thor.

I don't think Thor would spend the resources to sue over copyright infringement - but they could easily choose not to make future drawings available to owners - and that is not something I would want to see them do.

I am sensitive to this... as a photographer I have found my work used elsewhere without my permission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Your interest in how the solar system is designed is justified in my opinion. Anyone looking to buy one of these motorhomes would want to know what they are getting, right?
I agree.. and providing that insight here is great - short of posting diagrams marked with copyright... Obviously Thor will send them - just need to make a request...

And now we return you to the real reason for the thread...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.