Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:38 AM   #14
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Another thing you might look at is the installation of the water pump. Mine went bad in my 2014 Vegas and when I went to replace it with a Surflo, the instructions said do not connect the water pump directly to plastic pipe. Make sure you have a 6" hose between the pump and plastic pipe to dampen vibration from the pump. Not only can it damage the pump, but the vibration of the pipe causes quite a bit of noise.
Many pumps come installed directly to the plastic pipe, ours did. The silencing kit has to flexible hose that help absorb vibration and in turn reduce noise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	4555

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1816.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	4556

Before and after photos. I made my own hoses but just because I already had parts to do so. This is how a basic installation would go.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum