Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Your motorhome is a 2015 Thor 34J? And it's electrical system is wacky?

The aftermarket thanks you for what you are experiencing! At some point, you will identify and fix all of the weird and wacky imperfections. Then, the next owner will have a nice functioning motorhome without all of the depreciation that you just paid for.

I hate to be so blunt. However, these types of weird things happen to all brands of motorhomes, not just Thor.

To ease your pain a bit, here is a tidbit from someone who is paying significantly more for their depreciation than you are:

Last weekend I'm setup as a brand new 2015 black and shiny graphics Tiffin Allegro 32ca motorhome pulls in. My new neighbor is screaming within seconds of pulling in and shutting of the motor. His windshield shade will not come down and the sun is blaring into his face. About twenty minutes later he finds the selector knob to his water system was missing, (with a little more yelling to accompany his frustration).

He had used vise grips to switch over to city water and damaged the valve stem. Yesterday he personally replaced the entire valve so that the newly acquired knob would slide on properly.

And these are just things that I noticed.

He was also telling me that he is going to take in his new motorhome for warranty repair, (he is scheduled for the first week of February, the next available date), of the heater thermostat, broken drawer slides in the kitchen and bedroom, the shower door is broken, his rear camera is acting "funny", and he noticed loose electric outlets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum