Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #70
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
It is possible Ford just started out conservative with the engine and as they get more experience with it (and enhance it) they just open up the specs more.
I have no idea what a special order code like 15F entails, but I'm curious to know because I can't imagine Ford making different engines (physical tuning like different cams) or that electronic tuning would make enough difference just because a truck body went from 70 to 79 square feet of frontal area. I suspect there is some playing games to pass a strict test protocol under given conditions that have little or no value in real driving. Drivers and conditions vary too much from one vehicle to the next.

I'm just glad to see that the 6.2L V8 is showing up at commercial dealers and that the price on window sticker is indeed $350 lower than V10. With lower cost, lower weight, greater fuel economy, and probably also quieter and smoother, we should start seeing it in E-350 and E-450 Class Cs before too long. In theory it should be an improvement over V10 but we'll have to wait for reviews.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum