Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #54
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused
Well delivery of our 2018 Vegas 24.1 has been delayed. According to General RV, Thor held up 14 new units while they do more checkout of the new front cap. Apparently the old design front caps had been experiencing cracking (anyone have this problem?) so the 2018 has a new design that their management need to sign off on. So hopefully taking delivery of unit next week. Would be interested to hear from anyone regarding the front cap design issue.
I wonder if those are the first 14 2018 units they made? Not many 2018's around here (there was that discussion of the 2018 that was in a show and was labelled a "prototype"!? Seems odd to me as automakers usually destroy prototypes for liability reasons).

Our experience wouldn't be relevant as our front cap is likely one of the very first designs (and I'm sure Thor is on rev 5 or 6 by now LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum