Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 03:00 AM   #9
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Pete, this picture shows how the Roadmaster keeps wheel attachment simple and tight to upright tube. It's different than the Curt carrier being used by some. Out of curiosity I did a search and can't find any standard (non-pivoting) wheel carrier designed like this for dually motorhome tires. I guess there isn't enough demand.
Well after MUCH internet searching and even talking to a couple of fabricators I concluded that the Roadmaster is the best option. It's pretty spendy but I'm determined to carry a spare and do it safely. At least the spare itself ended up being pretty cheap. I found a refurbished Ford dually wheel for $70 delivered and an orphan tire at a local dealer for $75 installed and balanced. It's a Hankook that proudly proclaims on the sidewall that it was manufactured in Indonesia and designed in Singapore! Hopefully I'll never need it or that it'll at least get me to a Michelin store if I do. I'll post a photo when it's installed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum