Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #47
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomspen
I just purchased a new 2015 Axis which is my first RV. So I'm really a newbie. My unit was winterized when delivered. The tech at the orintation said all I had do was blow out water lines throug the city water hookup with an air compressor. Does this sound correct?

Also, can someone tell me where the fresh water tank drain value is located. We are planning a trip at the end of February and I need to sanitize the fresh water tank before we use it.

Thanks for any help you can give. BTW all the info on this forum is really helpful.
Which Axis model do you have? (24.1, 24.2, 25.1, etc.)

There are two ways to winterize: Blow out all the lines with a compressor, or pump in the RV Antifreeze (pink stuff). Both methods are equally effective (some people prefer to blow out the lines because they don't like the residual taste the pink stuff leaves--I can't taste it, perhaps I just rinse out our system enough).

On our 24.1 the fresh water tank drain valve is under the passenger rear bed--in fact ALL of the winterizing valves are under the passenger rear bed (at least you can get to all of them from there). There are two screws holding the piece of wood under the mattress. Remove the screws and lift the wood; you'll see the fresh water tank, the pump, the antifreeze injection point, all the valves, the water heater, the furnace (furnace and water heater looking towards the front of the coach).

Your dealer really should have gone over all of this with you during PDI (ours did, even showed us how to winterize it).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.