Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #13
2016vegas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-mo View Post
My Vegas 25.2 had significant leakage on our first trip last fall, but was on the driver's side, originating at the side window, not the slide-out like yours. Dealer found a skip in the seal at the top of that window. No problems found/noticed due to the slide-out.

Either way, I always do a quick inspection of the coach during & after rains. After that leak was found (and carpet soaked), I decided to always have a small dehumidifier and a hygrometer ready to reduce any excessive moisture in the air.

My "room" dehumidifier: "Ivation GDM20 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier, 1100 Cubic Feet". Not great, but does work.
After I quit fretting and started looking, I think I found the problem.... The seal that runs along the bottom of the RV for the slide is compromised in one spot on the side where I had water. I really can't test it since I'm now in Nevada, but I can seal it and watch it next rain.
Thanks so much for your ideas and comments!!!.will keep you posted.
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.