Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #19
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by beacoal View Post
Greg I think I see what you mean but can you maybe elaborate on your statement: "Instead of 15a per branch circuit (up to the RV limit) - you have 15a for all when on shore power/generator - and of course limited by the inverter when dry."
I don't do a lot of dry camping. Maybe when I put some of the wire back onto the breaker maybe the fault on the inverter might clear. Do you think the battery charger part of the inverter will still operate? Al
Most general wiring (excluding A/C, water heater, maybe microwave circuit) is 14 gauge wire - rated for 15A... breakers for those circuits will be 15A to match that...
Merging 2 (or more) circuits together doesn't change that maximum - and should still be protected by a single 15A breaker (I'm assuming the breaker feeding the inverter is 15A *OR* there is breaker protection on the output of the inverter limiting to 15A.)

You mentioned there is both a converter and inverter in the setup - so the converter would be the 'charger'... They should be wired to not 'loop back' - converter charging the batteries while drawing power from the inverter which is drawing from the same batteries isn't productive..

As for the fault light (that info wasn't in the other thread) - looking up your inverter - there should be a screen with message - more than a light?? Specifically should be a fault code we can look up.
http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inv...-01_Rev-A).pdf
Troubleshooting starts on page 45 (pdf page 59).
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum