Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Ignored my first TPMS warning ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
.....cut.....

Hind site, I honestly feel a bit stupid. I had lots of warning. .....cut....
That's so funny because I felt the very same way about a week ago for ignoring a TPMS warning. And another warning before that.

I had not had a flat in so long I can't remember -- well over 10 years, and probably closer to 20. Anyway, I picked up a little Ford Focus rental at airport in Maryland, and right away I could feel a flat spot on a tire leaving the parking garage. I pulled over and checked tires and they looked fine, so I assumed tires may have developed flat spots from being parked too long in cold weather. A few miles later the thumping stopped so I figured I had assumed correctly.

About 10 miles later the TPMS signaled a low pressure, so I ignored it thinking the rental company probably didn't monitor pressures closely, and that one tire was right on border. Not too smart since pressure would go up with heat faster than normal leak rate.

We stopped for a long lunch, and when we came out a rear tire was flat -- had a nail. Rather than waiting for roadside assistance I changed it myself and drove to change cars.

I felt dumb for not returning car back to airport initially, and then for ignoring TPMS warning. At least I got to practice changing a tire -- though a tiny one.

Not owning a vehicle with TPMS, next time I'll take warning more seriously.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.