Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #72
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
[QUOTE=axis earl;64600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrirn View Post
His comment about the failure rate is of interest to me.... based on his personal experience of those he has installed? They do have a lifetime guarantee, but, that comment of his seems highly suspect. On a different note, I am beginning to believe that some of these service centers really don't want to make any modifications.
If there are any failures at all, I'd be far more interested in knowing what the failure mode is, and what the consequences of such a failure are. That they have a lifetime guarantee would be inconsequential by comparison.

Regarding suspension upgrades/modifications, service centers may be hesitant to make "improvements" due to liability. Or maybe they honestly feel they shouldn't give people what they want just because they ask for it. Owners often "improve" on OEM handling by installing thicker/stiffer sway bars, but do they actually understand how that will affect understeering or oversteering? Or how it helps twist the chassis to a greater degree? Some probably have no clue.

I know Ford takes this stuff seriously because they use a slightly different sway bar size to reduce oversteering on some models that are prone to it. If a shop added heavier sway bars that caused excessive oversteering, which then led to an accident, would they be partially liable?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.