Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fulltime
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #9
Kels4g

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #6613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm single with no pets and tired of owning and paying for a house in an HOA. So far in 13 years i've paid $30,000 in HOA fees and damn tired of it and with little to show for it. The housing market where i live hasn't done anything in those years. . I've got no ties to my town or place with few friends. I'm seriously considering finding a used Axis and selling the townhome. I figure if i try it for a year and don't like it, sell the unit and since i plan to travel maybe find a small place i like without the HOA fees and move back into a permanent place. Being single and retired at 71 i have a few years left before age takes a grip to try something else. So, that's why i put the question to the forum: to get a reaction for or against. I'm not going to rent a unit for a $1,000 a week to "see if i like the lifestyle" . Screw that. So, don't offer it. LOL. Sorry, don't mean to be a curmegeon. The biggest question I have is: whether it's more expensive to do the motorhome thing or the house thing. With no mortgage, I'm spending almost $1800 a month just to sit. Seems like a motorhome would be the same or less. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Dave
RVing is a lifestyle that you can make as inexpensive as possible or as much as possible depending on your preferences.

We are both travelers and sitters We usually do a mixture of monthly, weekly, daily, and free rates. Across the country, you can stay in rv parks that are as low as $200 per month and ones that are well over $1,000. So, it depends. Gas is probably the next big expense but you can limit how much you travel, if you need to save some money.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum