Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #7
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Sounds like the shower in my Chateau
It came from the factory caulked, rather poorly, with silicone. Well, I assume it was factory, can't imagine the dealer doing it.

It took rather significant effort to remove the silicone and it's residue.... I hate silicone..... and i re-did the caulk job with a good latex caulk.

I'm not really certain that it's necessary, especially since we are not full timing and shower aren't happening daily in the thing....
but I can imagine that over time mold and the like would like to set foot in there.... although it might very well be better to leave it open so that any water that gets in can get out. Now that I'm writing this and thinking it through..... the shower walls are face screwed in place, with some sort of cap or plug covering. Could it be that these might weep or leak, letting water in.... and my nice caulk job has now sealed it so that it can't breathe well and dry out?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum