Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
FL-AR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTB View Post
Well, we just purchased a 2017 Citation Sprinter 24SS. We moved from a 2010 Winnebago Era because we needed the extra space, towing capacity, and ability to carry a bit more cargo. Like all motorhomes this one suffers from quality issues and we will have to make some changes etc. BUT, I really think Thor should be ashamed of the water bay (don't know what else to call it)
1. The "tube" in which one stores the sewer hose is NOT long enough or big enough around to accommodate a normal sewer hose. It is a useless waste of space.
2. The four position switch "normal" "winterize" "city" and "tank" (I presume tank means fill) is so poorly labeled that it was almost impossible to tell which position was which. The lettering is stamped in the white plastic, the switch is recessed into the compartment and I had to hold a small flashlight at an angle to read to positions. Well my label maker fixed that.
3. There is NO WAY to close the compartment door if the ANYTHING is attached, sewer, water, tank flush, or tv coax. I cut a 3.5 in hole in the floor to accommodate hoses and coax, repositioned the black tank flush so I can close the door.
Thor should be ashamed at this oversight. Personally, I'd want to fire the engineer who came up with this.

We bought a Siesta Sprinter 24SV last month. It is the same as the Citation. The first night we camped, we discovered the problem with the water bay.
The door wouldn't close with the hose attached. It rained a lot that night, so our bay filled up with water. There was no drain plug or hatch for the hose to go through. We intend to get a hatch in the compartment.

Overall we love the floorplan and the driveablity. Enjoying it!

We will be taking it in for some warranty work soon. The biggest issue we have had is with air leaks around the coach door. It seems warped and just doesn't fit tightly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.