Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
IsaacH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36FD
State: South Dakota
THOR #3324
Exclamation Jacks down AND slide out

Here we are stranded in Gallup NM on our way to South Dakota from Arizona.. Uneventful arrival.

Today we wanted to get an early start because of the threat of high winds beginning in the afternoon. It was not to be.

When we tried to retract the wall slide, the looong one on the driver side on our 2012 Challenger 36FD, it came in about 2 inches and stopped. After several attempts out/in/out we were able to help the slide back out by pushing it while depressing the switch.

After that it never moved again, in or out, despite the fact that we could hear the hydraulic pump working whenever we tried the switch.

On a hunch, not sure why, because it's also hydraulic? I decided to raise the jacks. No go.

With every attempt we insured parking brake is applied; engine is running; mind you we are still connected to shore power; still and knowing it really would be meaningless because of switch over, I started the genset. Still nothing.

Checked the house batteries, 2 six volts in series, 14.4 volts.

Did I mention it's Sunday?

Tried Internet searches most of the day. Thor manual is of no help in finding fuses, circuit breakers ...

Help please.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum