Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 05:05 AM   #14
MartinC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumster View Post
Slides: check to make sure you don't have a disconnected wire at the slide controller. Happened to me last trip.
Jacks: look for two high-voltage breakers in/near the battery compartment and maybe another under the hood. Look around. They are black with a red or yellow lever on them. Rest them and try again. Good luck!
I've just registered on this forum mainly to give heartfelt thanks to you Drumster for the guidance you gave above. My wife, Sue, and I have been snowbirding since early January in the southwest and are now heading back home - but first attending the FCOC rally here in Mesa AZ.

We pulled into the Goodlife campground, backed into the assigned slot and attempted to put down the leveling legs. The process was not quite completed when the hydraulic pump gave up working. I could not get the legs to retract but thought well that's close enough, I'll put the slides out. No go: the slide ready light is off and none of the hydraulics are working. So I call for help from the rally organizers and they promise to send a tech. round. (The Freightliner crew are here already)

The technical info given by Thor with the coach is sadly lacking any deep detail so, in the meantime, I went to my friend Google and quickly came upon this forum and your post above. I found two of those breakers - one with the house batteries, the other with the chassis batteries. Once reset, everything was good - the slides are out and we can move about.

I don't know why they tripped since the engine was running. However, the ambient temp was 100deg so heat may have played a part.

Many thanks, once again, for your help.

Martin

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum