Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #9
48in366

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: Florida
THOR #3501
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
Wellll...now I'm concerned, we had several maps in a basket between the passenger seat and the wall and found that the bottoms of them were wet after a heavy rain storm. I couldn't find any sign of water anywhere around the window or wall so just assumed the window wasn't closed all the way.
Looks like some de-construction is in order even though the coach is brand new.
I know my pictures look a little dramatic, but don't go digging too deeply! I had absolutely no indication of any water inside the coach. None. No moisture, no dampness, no smell, no mildew - nothing. And I was in it almost every day for a year, with a dog, so I was climbing around under the dash and passenger seat more than most (cleaning/vacuuming/retrieving lost toys/treats). The first and only indication on the passenger side was the cluster of bubbles that recently appeared on the lower third of the wall. The vinyl wall covering acted as a perfect barrier, keeping all moisture out of the interior. I've even pulled up the carpet (I think they switched out the floor covering after my model year) to have a look, and there is no indication of any moisture damage to the subfloor of the cab area.

If you had damp papers in the cab, it could very well have been an open window. Or perhaps a leak that is getting in through the frame, but not into the wall itself? I'm not saying don't check the walls, just hoping it's a much easier fix for you! An simple/quick way to do an initial investigation would be to remove one or two of the screws in the window frame on the vertical side away from the windscreen. A few of mine (towards the top) showed evidence of rust. Ditto with the screws that hold the armrest/console/drinkholder to the wall. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum