Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:49 AM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48in366
Jamie - If this is just a window leak, the water was getting in through some very small holes in the top exterior sealant. It looks more like not-quite-as-thick areas, as opposed to actual holes, but when I poured water on as a test some of it disappeared into the unknown. I've seen very little rain over the last 16 months, so either a little water does a whole LOT of damage, or this has been an issue for the entire time (plus the year it sat on the lot). I'm going to crawl underneath (or contort however I can) to get a better look up the wheel wells. I can feel the bottom of the plywood, so I may need to take the same action as your tech and do some sealing up in there. On your driver's side, behind the console is a great spot to check, although I had an odd dry patch right there. They are easy to remove - just take out the cupholder and you should have access to the screws holding it to the wall (if your assembly line tech used a similar method as mine, of course). Your interior leak on the passenger side is a bit confusing. I removed the frame on that side to take a peek at the construction (easy process, but you have to gain access to the frame first, which involves taking out all the surround for the bed mechanisms up at the top - picture attached). I'd check all the weep holes along the base of the frame first, just in case they are spilling over into the cab. Could you see where the water was entering - top or bottom of the window?
For the current leak the water squirts out (it really does ! LOL) on the bottom of the window frame. I watched it during a recent downpour--I think this doesn't happen that much because during the downpour I noticed that its parked such that most of the water on the roof runs along the awning and down next to the front door (yeah right on top of the passenger window).

When you say "top exterior sealant" you mean what you can see on the outside on the top of the window? (Crawling on the roof looking down onto the gap between the window and the side of the coach?) I looked the other day and could see where the Thor tech had run sealant along that gap.

I'm guessing for my current leak the water just found a path that the tech missed so I should be able to just plug up the missed points and I'm good!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum