Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #90
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
One of the things I have always disliked about Ford is they always overpower the steering, hard to feel when it's on center.
According to my son (master mechanic at Ford), there is no center position of the steering with the heavy duty chassis. They don't use a rack and pinion system that allows for a center position, but employ a recirculating ball system (worm and sector, and this system has no defined center except the one given by the caster of the wheels. And yes, the power steering is supposed to overcome this.
All the steering assist systems available for the F53 chassis try to create an artificial center feel by increasing the resistance to move a way from the defined center.
The Steer Safe I have installed is doing this with the help of four heavy duty springs that try to keep the wheels centered.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.