Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 05:00 AM   #6
Larry Mac

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar bath & 1/2
State: New Mexico
THOR #1366
Send a message via AIM to Larry Mac Send a message via Yahoo to Larry Mac
Hello,

Yes, the Polk Newsletter is good and has been very helpful. Sometimes he has the videos on sale or provides a bunch at a reduced price. They are very good. I looked on the Internet for about a year I went to an RV show but, They were really squirrely on prices.........when I asked how much a unit was they asked me how much I had? I contacted MHS out of Alvarado Texas and when he gave me the prices I was floored I almost bought a used Challenger. he said I could get a new Miramar for almost the same price.

With them there was no bait & switch we are happy with the unit. I had a very long learning curve. Luckily I had a neighbor and he has been a help but, they have changed how RV's work. The miramar rooms will not slide with the engine running and the front shade will not come down with the key in the ignition. The doors really threw me a curve plus I had two I had to drill into the lock to get them open.

I have had the usual trouble but the dealer here in New Mexico is good but my furnace went out and it took a month to get it fixed. I prefer having the unit home and as much as possible I fix the minor things myself. I had to add a wheelchair lift my wife is handicapped but we have only taken one trip to San Antonio for a Navy Reunion.

Our unit drives & rides really nice I guess these things just take a while to get used to. I think the baggage door locks need more grease and for sure some loctite on the screws,

Take care & Happy Rving!

Larry Mac,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.