Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #9
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaj View Post
.....If I had it all to do over again, I think I would have purchased a used 2014 32.1 model that had virtually the same mileage (2,500 mi range) for about $15k less money and probably had most of the kinks already addressed. Too soon old, too late smart......
When we bought our back in early summer, we had originally found a used '13 that DW liked. Once we negotiated all we could, I was researching to see if we were getting an ok deal, and found a new '13 sitting at another dealer. Since they were starting to take delivery of their '15 models soon, they wanted to move this coach that had been on their lot for a long time. So, for very close to the same money I got a new on rather than the used.... I really struggled with the question of the worth of the warranty, and with the question you asked yourself.....

I have often wondered if all of these annoying little issue that I have been addressing would have been taken care of on the used on..... loose and missing screws, misaligned drawer slides, etc...
So would the used one have been a win, no warranty but everything fixed?

I don't know for sure, but I figure that at least some of the issues may have been addressed on that one, but likely not fixed correctly.... so it might have been a bigger headache. Also, it might have been a lemon with much bigger issues!

at least in my case I pulled the factory plastic off the mattress!

In your case, a $15k delta would buy a lot of mattresses.... but in my case since the prices were so close, I'm happy so far with our decision.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.