Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Axis 24.1 Battery dead/recharge Issue

Went out to my unit yesterday and no lights. Checked the batteries - 4.5 volts. Severe discharge to say the least. Plugged in the unit but no charge to the batteries.

Discovered the 100 Amp breaker had tripped. Reset it. Still no charge from coach unit.

Fired up the engine. Got a charge condition, 13 to 14 volts. Shut down the engine and no joy, camper unit would not charge the unit.

Tried the bypass switch to joint chassis to coach. Did not work.

Finally I opened the 100 Amp breaker to isolate the batteries and put a charger on overnight. Next day I disconnected the charger since the batteries were now charged.

Reset the 100Amp breaker. The coach now is taking over and charging the batteries.

Anyone else ever had this problem? A word to the wise better have a charger that will work on a discharged battery because apparently the coach charger won't charge a fully discharged unit????

As to why the 100 amp breaker tripped I have no idea. Did have a front end alignment the previous week and possibly they accidentally did it. Don't know.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.