Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Thor29.3

First, the tire pressure that is listed on the sidewall of the tire is just that, the max pressure for which the tire is rated. The tire pressure that is listed on the label/placard inside the coach is the pressure at which you would run the tires if you were loaded to full axle weights and GVWR. My tires (22.5) are rated at 110 max and based on coach weight and Michelin chart I run 90 front and rear.

I had air helper springs (Firestone Air Ride) on the rear of my prior class C and in my opinion they did not help with ride comfort. They did help to distribute the load, changing the level of the coach from front to rear and side to side, which did improve handling a little. The ride comfort was still controlled by the rear leaf springs and shocks.

One thing you did not mention was the alignment. Before making any modification to the coach it should be loaded, weighted, tire pressures set for weight and then aligned. Until those things are done you really don't know what you need and are just changing and praying (changing parts and praying there's a difference).

Before investing any money ask yourself what is most important, ride comfort or coach handling. As another person mentioned, remember, you are driving a truck.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum