Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Seat belts
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 01:51 AM   #9
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
These aren't passenger cars... You need to make your own assessment on the risk of existing seat belt seating - and any additions you might make...
My 2000 coach had no belts in rear facing seats - specifically labeled not for use when vehicle is in motion...
(The 2000 didn't even have a shoulder belt for the driver/passenger - found that surprising... Both have it in the 2014.)

My 2014 has both front and rear facing belts in the dinette... Guessing it was more that people were using the seats anyway rather than something changing to make it safer.

Personally in my coaches config - I view the rear facing dinette seat as the most dangerous... In a rear collision - head meets table. In front collision as SuperD said - significant neck/back injury possible...
The front facing dinette still has the head meets table issue (in that case for a front collision) but for a rear collision - the slide wall would prevent excessive rear movement of the head/neck.

A severe enough crash - obviously all locations have their risk... but I don't like the rear facing dinette seat in even a minor incident.

Again just my assessment - and affects where I put the 'precious cargo' when they are along.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum