Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #27
Dbeskan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #4234
12 Volt Battery now working and Surge Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Have you checked the 50 amp breaker in the coach battery box? It has a red or yellow button and red or yellow "flag" shows if it is tripped. You push the flag back in so it does not show to reset it. Could have happened when the power went out. In my Axis it is on the left hand side of the batter box, way in the back. Also check your store/use switch to make sure it did not trip. Same thing happened to me years ago and it was the breaker.
Thanks Oneilkeys for the answer to my problem and Moondoggie for presenting the problem. I had (until a moment ago) the same problem Moondoggie had except for the ginny problem. Could not run the 12 volt system, showed nothing for batteries etc on panel and was about to take to a local RV repair shop, even though still under warranty (It would take weeks at a Thor dealership!).

I finally figured out where the 50 amp breaker is located (duh) by your description and pushed the red button it (don't know if it moved) and also tried to move the yellow flag thingie away from me. My 12 volt system is now working.

I agree with having a surge protector. I use a Progressive $80+ dollar one at the 30 amp posts, and I know it must have saved me while in Florida. Take a look at the surge protector! Blew out due to storms or bad voltage at some RV parks, or both. The surge part no longer worked. Recently bought a new surge protector from Amazon. Will not plug-in without one.

This forum is invaluable. I do have a problem searching for specifics but really good. Also, Thanks to Ed Felker for his must have Axis-Vegas manual, and to those who link to it online.
~debbie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30amp.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	4771  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum