Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #14
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Here is my story and I'm sticking to it...

Ok got the RV home today and quickly took it apart (we're expecting rain tonight and I wanted to get this done before that starts).

I removed all the screws from the bottom of the window surround--didn't want to disassemble the bunk--enough so I could separate the frame from the wall.

I had a hunch: I poured some water into the channels just outside the sliding window. When enough water filled that up--especially in the channel the sliding window moves in water came pouring out of that screw hole in the picture you see above.

My hypothesis is that when they drive those screws into the frame they don't really pay attention and some can pierce the channel causing a leak. I took some silicone and filled up that screw hole and most of the channel between the window and the outer frame then reassembled everything. I'll find out this weekend if it fixes it.

I also removed some screws from the drivers side window: They were all shiny and clean. Then I took apart the driver's armrest. The screws holding that in were dirty but not rusty and the wall looked fine (crossing fingers). In addition, I found a bunch of "spare parts" under there .
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum