Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:37 AM   #1057
dcbenny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Well I just got back from a coworkers house, former coworker since I'm now retired. He has a Fleetwood Tierra 32h. He's complained about the ride for the past 2 years. So today we did the CHF front and back with the brackets plates up front and we added a rear track bar.

We also removed both front and rear sway bars and lubed the poly bushing with poly lube. I don't know why Ford would spend the money to put the upgraded poly bushings but not lube them. Guess the extra couple of pennies would hurt their bottom line.

After shopping for the bracket bolts and Loctite we got started at 1030am. finished the front by 1115am and decided to go to lunch. We did the normal cop lunch for at least an hour then back to work. THe rear track bar went in easy. His mh sits higher than our Thors with much less stuff in the way. Track bar took about 2 hours to install. I learned a lot about the install doing mine, which took me one solid day and couple more hours the next day. SO this job went very smooth.

Total work time was around was about 3- 3 1/2 hours. Not bad for a guy that never turned a wrench.

Test ride will be next week. Hope he's happy.

Jerry
helping out friends and fellow RVrs that's what it's about

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum