Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 11:44 AM   #7
Steveku

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

I am due to re-weigh my unit and I don't have the exact number handy of my old weight, but i can tell you that with my typical camping load (it was probably full gas, full fresh water, full or close LP, empty or nearly empty grey and black)
my rear axle was very close to its limit
my steer axle had some room left

and this would have been with nothing hitched.
The rear axle has very little if any room for the tongue weight of a trailer.
I'm concerned that I might be too close to the edge now on that rear axle, due to extra stuff creeping in over the years... but generally I'm able to bring along the stuff we want

I notice that the 31W has slightly smaller tanks. For what it's worth, we are ok with the blank tank but often find the grey water a limiting factor for my family of 5.
Also, I would look closely at how that full wall slide affects your weights.... might push the tires on that one side to near overload.
That neo-angle shower bath layout is nice though.... I looked at a Winnebago once with a very similar floor plan. It had a nice "feel"

Thanks blw2, all good information. Pardon the potentially dumb question, but if you tow '4-up' I think is the term, or with all 4 wheels on the ground, is there any 'tongue weight' ? We don't have a vehicle that can be towed this way yet, but are probably needing to purchase another vehicle soon. I know with a trailer or dolly there is definitely tongue weight to consider.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.