Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
I spent several years selling and installing residential replacement windows. There is a huge difference between "dual pane" RV windows and residential windows. The RV windows are not filled with argon gas and other additives to keep them insulated and protect from UV damage. They are certainly sealed but do not have nearly the R value of high quality residential windows.

Do dual pane RV windows allow your RV to heat/cool better? Possibly by up to 5 degrees better. Do they keep outside noise out? They will make a difference sure. If you make your decision based on the knowledge that they are only slightly better than regular RV windows then you will probably be happy with them. If you base your decision on thinking they are the same high quality as residential insulated windows then you will be disappointed.

If I was purchasing new and the option was offered for around $500 I would probably add it, anything much higher would be a waste of money IMHO.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.