Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #20
rmblaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlamoreaux View Post
Richard,
Under the access panel located above the gauge cluster is a small silver box that basically controls and powers the cameras. This box then sends the camera signal to the radio (stock arrangement). I contacted the manufacture and purchased an adapter cable ( RCA5-AM 5 Pin Male to RCA Male Adapter (www.rearviewsafety.com)) This allowed me to remove the rear view camera from the silver box and power it directly. I wired it through a switch so I can turn the camera and the monitor on and off anytime with a single switch. The monitor is a fold up overhead video monitor made for the rear of an SUV for kids movies which I had on hand and no longer used (it is like 10 years old). I ended up running the plastic mounting plate through my table saw to get it small enough to rest in the existing tray above the radio. You can buy better monitors now a days on Amazon for cheap.

Hope this answers your questions, if not I will add more details.
Doug
Doug
so you bypassed the radios monitor and only use the large one on your dash and does it get triggered by reverse or turn signals or is it always on

richard

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.