Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: vegas owners
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #5
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
No need to buy anything pricey. I just used small sections of nylon straps from cheap ratchet-type cargo straps. They are really cheap, made in China, but the straps are strong. There is always plenty of extra strap on each ratchet. Just cut about 6-8 inch piece, and double up the very end, an inch or so for strength, use a SHORT sheet metal screw, drill pilot hole first. Go right thru the doubled-up strap end, after using an awl to make a hole in the material, first. Use a washer under the screw head. Be VERY careful not to drill through the table top, or the wife will be pissed. Use a depth gauge, to be sure. You may see some small dimples on the table top after you screw in the screws. Use 2 straps for the big table, and one on the small table is sufficient. There is no way you can get a good enough grip on the slippery table tops to pull them up and out of the storage bay, unless you are Hercules. I am going to buy 2 table tops, using, instead, the flip-up counter extension, which is perfect size for a place setting, and forgo using the big double-pedestal table. I will simply re-purpose the pedestal mounts under the big table, and screw them to each smaller table. These will be easier to put up, take down, and store in the storage bay. Also, they are small enough to be left up all the time that the slide-out is deployed. Just don't forget to take the tables down before pulling in the slide-out for travel. I hope this helps. These are some things that make use of the Vegas/Axis more practical, and enjoyable. I will submit pix, as soon as I can.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.