Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #16
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
So, again I want to thank all who are giving me some great input. Today was a day I went out and did some testing with tire pressure. I'm thinking this should be the first place to start. As I might have mentioned, we had a blow out due to a rock wedged between the rear dually and the tire guy said I should be running the max tire pressure listed on the sidewall. If not the tires will run hotter than need be. So I upped the pressure from 90 psi to 110 psi. And as you might expect, the ride was crazy harsh. Dropped the pressure today back down to what my placard has on it, 85 psi. Yep, now it is nice and smooth. My cupboards now were not trying to fall down, the TV wasn't banging around and my teeth are not chattering. I also tried 90 psi and was just a little stiffer but not crazy harsh. I also went to 100 psi and now the crazy harshness returned. So for now, I'm going to run them all at 85 psi. I still need to weight the coach but what an improvement. I might still entertain new shocks as the stock Ford ones seem a bit smaller in diameter that say the Koni's or Bilstien's. Along with a steering stabilizer, these will be next things on my list to install.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.