Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
revjeffrey
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
TV Upgrades All Model RVs Read before you Buy.

After the first week I Upgraded the 3 TVs in our 2017 Axis 24.1. BUT this POST is for every RVer to consider.
I did select the SAMSUNG Smart 525D 32" for all 3.
The Main reason was this model has SCREEN MIRRORING and is Wi Fi ready.
This is important because if you have SAT. or CABLE @ Home you download the providers App. (I have Dish) to your phone, laptop or tablet for FREE.
Now where ever I have "cell service or Wi Fi" I log onto Dish App. on my phone,tablet,laptop.
The FULL GUIDE is now on my phone,tablet,laptop broadcasting EVERY SHOW Plus ALL Shows I have Recorded!
Now on the SAMSUNG Smart 525D when you hit the IMPUT BUTTON one of the choices is SCREEN MIRRORING.
I then press SCREEN MIRRORING (sometimes called "smart view" on my phone, tablet or laptop... and BINGO We are watching the Blackhawks, Bears or any Channel we have at home including DVR! on the SAMSUNG Smart 525D.

Also this Model is Wi Fi ready meaning you will not need extra devices.
You would use a tablet or phone on Wi Fi @ campground etc. log into your App Dish, ATT&T, DirectTV...etc. Input SCREEN MIRRORING on TV. what is on your device is on tv.

While TRAVELING IN MOTION.
I TURN my phone HOTSPOT ON.
Log on to Dish with App. on my tablet. Tablets are under $50.00 now (I use tablet that way my ph. is still free for me to use while driving with no interruptions.) Now every station is on while IN MOTION that I subscribe to @ home.

My other past RVs I had the Winegard Automatic Satellite Systems THEY R AWESOME PRODUCTS! but expensive. And do not need CELL SERVICE or Wi Fi to work perfectly.

This is Something I think is worth wild looking into Because you might already have Cable or Sat. @ Home and Already have Screen Mirroring or if you Upgrade it is of no extra cost just look for a TV model that has it.

Questions Please Reply.
Safe Travels.....Rev.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.