Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Safe T Plus
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:20 AM   #24
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Had the Safe-T-Plus factory install mine this week. Drove a little over 700 miles so far with them. Both days on the road were moderately windy, around 15 with higher gusts. They helped but it could be a steadier ride. I guess what I am saying it that I feel the Safe-T-Plus was worth the money but it is going to take more to steady the suspension on this F53 IMHO. Going to have to get serious about looking at Sumo's or air bags.
Joe... Ron installed Sumo Springs on our 24.1 ... replacing the bump stops . Ron decided to do this prior to the Safety Plus install to see if this would be the difference maker. We shopped the Sumo Website before purchasing to make sure we got the correct Sumo. They definitely have them for the F53 chassis.
Ron showed me the bump stops which he pulled out ... there was so much room for play...there is no way they would have been effective. We have not been out on the road yet with the new front and rear Sumos installed, but Ron is sure they should make the difference.

I will post our findings as soon as we are able to get away.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum