Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
Techn0

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Haven't used a cover on mine... but I'm not hauling expensive bikes.
Be careful that any covers don't block lights. Very likely with the ladder being mounted to the side.

I chose not to use a ladder mount - just never seemed secure enough to add potentially bouncing bicycles - especially when I was dealing with Michigan roads (stresses of more than the weight of the bicycles). I did strap a larger ladder to it on last trip to FL - but it was very securely tied down.

I use the receiver on the back of the RV for the bike rack when not towing... and move it to the back of the toad when towing.
Thanks, like you, the weight times movement is what I was thinking about. I currently have a dual hitch that works fine except when I need to secure my blue ox tow bar; the bikes are in the way. I think I'll stick with this configuration and just deal with the securing of the tow bar.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum