Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #137
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggys Vegas View Post
Need help diagnosing wiper problem.

The windshield wipers and washers suddenly quit working on my new Vegas and I don't want to have to drive 100 miles to the dealer. The 30 amp fuse in the fusebox beside the radiator for the wipers is ok. I read somewhere that there should be a smaller fuse someplace that protects the wiper module. Does anybody know where the wiper module is, or is it part of the engine management module. Normally Ford puts the wiper module, and/or the engine module on the inside of he firewall near the steering column, and there is such a device on the Vegas, but I cannot see any other fuses or a separate wiper module.

There is also a 20 amp automatic reset fuse marked as "wiper" in the Battery Control Center that houses the "RV Custom Products" fuse panel for the house batteries. Question - are the house batteries somehow involved with wiper operation, or is the wiper switch installed by Thor not part of the Ford striped chassis and therefore somehow controlled by the Battery Control Center. The automatic fuse checked OK, but there was no voltage at either fuse terminal on the circuit board.

As far as I can see, everything else that the Battery Control Center should control is working OK, unless there is some electrical interlock that I am unaware of.
When I took delivery of my Axis, luckily it was raining. The wipers worked fine but as soon as I pressed the washer button, a fuse located under dash blew. The dealer replaced the fuse but the fuse blew again when the washer button was pressed. The dealer ended up having to replace the washer motor. I have since heard that Thor had a number of these motor go bad. The motor is located toward the bottom of the front end. You could probably have Thor send you a replacement motor and replace it yourself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum